Solstice Tomorrow

The shortest day of the year is tomorrow. That means it'll be dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. *sigh* but it also means that we make the slow crawl out of darkness and it starts tomorrow. Winter sunrises are quite lovely though - I miss sunrises completely in the summer time (who gets up at 5:30? not I!)....I see the pinks and oranges streaking across the sky above the lake & lift bridge almost daily - unless it's too cloudy. Lately it's been awesome.

Anyway - we're having a Solstice Celebration - I'm not holding my breath that we'll have a lot of guests (see the Halloween Birthday party) but ah well. I DO love to entertain so there ya go. All of you are invited! :-) There will be munchies, homemade goodies, wine, beer, Tom & Jerry's, Appletini's, (shots of tequila, if you so desire) and probably a rousing game of Apples to Apples or Cranium. I'm a dork like that. We shall see....I'm happy to open my house when it's looking so lovely for Christmas. I love to get out the "good" wine glasses and the table cloths and light the "special" candles and all that. Hopefully I won't freak out before party time.

Right now I'm pooped. I made caramel corn w/almonds (Alexis Stewart's recipe - delish!), seasoned pretzels for my favorite Jew, snickerdoodles, hand-dipped chocolate pretzels and hot beef dip for the potluck tomorrow at work and also for the party. I have veggies, cheeses & meats to cut, wine to open and glasses & candles to arrange tomorrow. Also - one last scooparino of the poop boxes before any guests arrive. Ah the cats....did I mention they nearly PUKED on my Christmas presents yesterday? It was a VERY near miss. I am SO thankful that I moved my brother-in-law's & dad's gifts (sweaters - ewww) before that happened.

And so now, I will finish my glass of wine and hit the hay. Wrapping Fest 2005 will commence Thursday night. Ay yi yi....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....