Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Well, another Christmas come and gone. That is hard to believe.

We were very busy over the long weekend....

Friday night I worked a 1/2 day then we packed up and headed 250 miles south to Austin. Once there we jumped in the car and headed another 20 miles south to a little town called St. Ansgar, Iowa. My parents treated us to a Victorian Christmas dinner at a B&B there called the Blue Belle Inn. It was very nice. We stuffed ourselves silly and enjoyed wine and the beautiful house. Afterwards we got to check out the rooms because no one was staying that night.

Saturday Steve & I were set with the task of "making trees" - these were out of ice cream cones, green frosting, cookies, chocolate santas and a big pain in my rear. They did turn out sort of cute.

My friend H was at home visiting family so she stopped by for a while and we had our gift exchange and a nice chat. She lives in LA now - it's weird...she got there about 9 months before I left. Figures.

Company came around 2:30 and we feasted, drank, feasted some more, opened gifts, drank, watched my sister & bro-in-laws Hawaii helicopter video (so cool - I'm sooooo going there) and then went to church and crashed out hard core.

Santa definitely came during the night and all of our stockings were full! We got some good loot, ate a fabulous breakfast and drove to Faribault (50 miles north) to visit my Grandma R. We chatted with her & one of my aunts/uncles and then it was back to Duluth - another 190 or so miles north to make it to 6pm dinner at Steve's Mom's house.

Dinner was very yummy and we opened gifts, drank Tom & Jerry's and watched the Vikings sad sad pathetic game. We got home after 11pm and then opened our stockings to each other and other gifts and finally got to bed well after midnight. Whew. It was a long day!

Monday & Tuesday I spent bumming around - running various errands, picking up the house (sort of), buying wrapping paper & Christmas cards for next year and vegging. Oh I do love to veg.

Today was brutal - back at work. Blech. But I made it and now there's only 2 days left. I even dragged my sugar-cookie ass to Salsa Cardio so I can lose some of the holiday cheer - ha ha.

Tonight we had "Lahvosh" (Armenian sesame bread/cracker thingy) w/hvarti cheese on it - melted in the oven. Delish. My sister & bro-in-law have it every Valentine's Day (for some reason) and we had it with them last year. It's quite tasty. Not exactly on the diet plan but oh well. Now we're having the fondue-pot controversy - we got one (a really nice one w/a cermanic lazy susan for all the dippables and an insertable ceramic thingy for chocolate & cheese) for Christmas but we already have one (basic). I think it'd be nice to have 2 (one for oil, one for chocolate or cheese but I agree w/Steve that we're trying to not have quite so many THINGS laying around. *sigh* decisions, decisions....but I suck at taking gifts back so.....I'm leaving the decision up to him.

Anyway - blah blah blah - that's the update...pics soon...

ta!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....