Weekends are fun

Just a little note on the weekend...I love them and think there should be more than 52 a year. Personally.

Friday night we had 'date night.' We had pizza for dinner and then planned on going to see a flick. However the "Christmas Cit of the North" Parade mucked up our plans in getting to the theater in time so we moved on to the next "date night" activity...which was a lovely hot tub soak at Steve's Mom's house (they were gone). It was soooo relaxing. A little Jazz, a little soaking it was nice. Then we were almost late to the late show of the movie (we're bad that way). We saw North Country which I thought was very good. Heartbreaking to be sure but good. Every movie we go to apparently makes me bawl my head off, why is that? It was fun to see the Iron Range scenery and towns I'm somewhat familiar with. There were some very powerful moments.

Saturday was PLUMBING DAY 2005 EXTRAVAGANZA but it turned into fixing the toilet day only. HEY that's fine with me. Our neighbor helped Steve & his wife and I ran errands. We have new guts in the toilet and that is sooooo great. New toilet seat too which is nice since ours broke last week. We had dinner with the neighbors (salmon & halibut steaks on the grill, couscous and edamame) followed by peaches & cream pie at our house for dessert. We sat and talked for hours and I started a new knitting project - yay!

Today - slept in, putzed around, read the paper, we found a house that looks very appealing to us in the paper and I think we'll go to the open house. IT's not really in our price range and we're not quite ready to be in the market but the location is incredible!! So we might just check it out. We'll see...I have to work on the DVD menu (some more - argh) and then later I think we're going to a turkey/pork loin dinner.....

Tomorrow is work but hey - short week! YES!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....