I Can See Clearly Now

A busy weekend yet again...

Yesterday we drove up to Grand Marais, Mn - about 110 miles north/east of Duluth on Lake Superior. Steve had a couple of job related activities and I went along for the ride. We also went a ways up the Gunflint Trail which is spectacular, as always. The leaves were past-peak but it was beautiful nonetheless.

On the way back to Duluth we stopped and hiked Oberg Mountain. For those of you who live where there are REAL mountains, it would probably make you chuckle that Oberg Mountain is 1,555 feet tall. Ah well. We take what we can get here in MN. It was incredible. The hike loops the top of the mountain offering incredible panoramic views of Lake Superior, the forest everywhere, Moose Mountain (Lutsen skiing for those of you familiar with the area), Leveaux Mountain and Oberg Lake and MORE trees to the west. We watched a spectacular sunset followed by an equally impressive moonrise. It was fanstastic.

Then off to Lutsen Resort for dinner. I have been harboring a gift certificate for about a year now and it expires soon so we treated ourselves:

hot artichoke dip with lavosh crackers
Lutsen North Shore Salad - mixed greens, wild blueberries, candied pecans (!!), feta cheese topped with blueberry vinagrette. Delish
Potato encrusted walleye w/wild rice pilaf.

Dinner was fantastic. Service sucked. I'm sure that story will be a different entry as it really got my blood pressure up. Thank god the food was good.

Today it was up early to work on things around the house. We worked on the porch (a little), washed EVERY WINDOW IN THE HOUSE - which sooooo desparately needed to be done, but was a huge pain in my ass, cleaned up some yard things, scrubbed 2 litter boxes, 2 sets of cat food bowls and knitted. I was going to watch the Vikings game but it was SO INCREDIBLY LAME that I would rather wash my windows. That's saying something....

Now I'm waiting for Steve to finish off some work things and then we're going to watch a silly movie. Eurotrip.

Tomorrow, alas, is Monday. Poop.

Comments

African Kelli said…
Yum. The fish with potato sounds so good!

You won a CD on my site. Shoot me an email with your address when you get a chance so I can send it your way.
Thanks for your comments too. They make my day. ;)

~Kelli

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....