The Empty Party

We had a “party” on Saturday night. It was a combination Halloween get-together and birthday get together (Steve’s a Halloween Baby). Yes, it was more of a get together not really a party. We only invited a few people….sort of last minute but we got some positive response so that seemed fine.

I spent the day making a pumpkin cheesecake (my first cheesecake!), sausage puffs, seasoned oyster crackers; I had also purchased chips & salsa, dry roasted peanuts-candy corn-Halloween M&M’s and Steve bought 3 kinds of beer and fixin’s for Appletinis. We put up a few decorations – some spider webs, spiders, knick knacks, candles, pumpkins and colored lights.

We donned Halloween costumes – he was the Pilsbury Doughboy (hysterical!) and I was the Devil Lady (old standby).

And then we waited.




No one came.

Well, that is one way to make your self-esteem plummet. I felt bad for me because I had gone to the trouble of getting food & drink ready and making the house look nice & spooky. I also felt really bad for Steve as it was his b-day get together and his friends all flaked! We didn’t receive one phone call from people saying they couldn’t make it. I called a couple of my friends and pulled the news out but that was it.

It was the most depressing party I’ve ever been to/thrown.

So we sat – all costumed up – eating sausage puffs (which were freaking awesome, btw) and drinking beer & way too strong Appletinis. His brother came over later and we ended up going out. But still. People are LAME.

We went to The Reef and there Steve won $25 for Best Male Costume! He didn’t even have to get up on a stage or anything. The bartender (dressed as Vikings Head Coach Mike Tice – which was quite funny) walked up to him and handed him the money. After The Reef we hit the martini bar. I danced with the Doughboy to some nice electronica (it was a bit weird) and the vodka crans went down smoothly (him not me). I drove the drunk doughboy home around 2 (which was only 1 – yay!) and poured him to bed.

It turned out to be an okay time but I still can’t shake the yucky feeling in my stomach for everyone flaking. One starts to wonder what the h*ll they did wrong. And also – we need some new friends.

Comments

I hate it when people do that. So rude. Sounds like you made the best of it, though. Happy Birthday to Steve!
Peder said…
Sorry to hear about that. I'm glad you ended up having fun at the bar though. Any pictures?
jenB said…
pretend i was there too. i would have worn my carmen miranda outfit and made you laugh. then done tequila shots and made bad jokes.

SEE! it is like I WAS THERE!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....