Labor Day Recap

This weekend was nice - busy but nice.

Friday night I did some film work with J (opening titles) and also went over to an art opening with him and his girlfriend O (who just moved into his pad, btw). It's in the building he lives in - we looked we had free wine - it was okay. Then I came home, made brownies and packed for the weekend.

Saturday morning we drove up the shore to check out a couple of ceremony/reception locations. I am IN LOVE with one of them and trying to get the stars to perfectly align to make it happen. I am optimistic. :-) (naturally - ha).

Then we went to Steve's Dad's property in NW Wisconsin for some 'camping,' hanging out with his fam, drinking beer and sitting by the fire. It was nice. The river was beautiful and we got to enjoy their new dock and tiki torches (I love tiki torches) and of course I enjoyed playing with their dog, Mindy Twiddles. (she reminds me of my childhood dog, Molly).

Sunday we went to my sister's in Apple Valley for a family bbq. It was fun and my family oohed and aahed over my ring for me. yay! My parents surprised us by having a couple bottles of champagne and a very sweet toast by my dad. It was awesome and I had to (already) hold back the tears - ack! I'm going to be a mess when the big day comes. Sheesh.

Yesterday we drove back and stopped at Banning State Park for a lovely 5 mile hike along the Kettle River. It was a beautiful day and we needed the hike!

And now back to go-go-go....I have big rehearsals every day this week since we OPEN NEXT WEEK! Gah!

So, I must go....

ciao bellas....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....