Spray or Be Sprayed

*sigh*

So, as you can probably guess, Iko was sprayed by a skunk on Saturday night. Not any Saturday night, but the ONLY night this summer we've planned to have people over. A *party* if you will. It was a bit cool but we were all in the backyard, grill grilling, lights twinkling, beers being drunken...you get the idea....our neighbors and their cat came over and all was fairly well with the world (I was disappointed in the turn out but that is another sob story all together). We're enjoying burgers fresh off the grill when....Iko comes running out of the bushes....and then Sat Nam (neighbor's cat)....and then the smell. Ugh. Like tear gas but worse. I don't really know since I've never been tear gassed. Anyway - Steve was freaking out a bit since Iko had been sprayed right in the face. He was full of snot and mucus with running eyes, drooling mouth - it was very pathetic. He took Iko upstairs to the tub, I rummaged the pantry for tomato items (tomato sauce, pizza quick sauce and spaghetti sauce w/roasted garlic) and changed into grubby clothes. And then the fun started. I held Iko and bathed him in the sauce while Steve soothed and gave instructions to his brother to go buy more tomato juice and his friend to get the dish soap, etc. After about an hour of later, rinse, repeat we let him lick himself dry and re-joined the party. It had been about an hour. My ribs are sore from leaning over the tub for that whole time, Iko is a bit pink (from the sauce) and he still stinks a bit. Needless to say it wasn't exactly how I wanted to spend my Saturday evening. And what a buzz kill! Holy cow! Shortly after that everyone left - and not even 10:30 - so you know, we throw great stinky parties. *sigh*

And now today - not one, but TWO instances of cat pee to clean up. I am incredibly disheartened. One on the closet door in the den and one in the laundry basket which held the stinky skunk clothes which I had washed immediately on Saturday night. I am re-washing them for obvious reasons. What is their problem?! Why don't they love us? What are they doing to us?!?!

And we're leaving on Friday for a week. I'm so scared as to what we'll find upon our return. And I really don't want our neighbors or Steve's brother to have to deal with massive quantities of cat urine.

*sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....