Idiosyncrasies...

dammit.

Trying to post quickly on lunchbreak and now, no updating. Grrrrr....I will try to re-do what I just did...

Rude Cactus tagged me to list 5 of my idiosyncrasies...not easy feat with so many but I have picked out a few to entertain...This exercise is interesting to me, because we're so willing to spill our "crazy" all over the internet while people in the real world (well, some anyway) try so hard to conceal them. Hmmmm If I started trying to conceal all the "weird" stuff I do, people would worry that there was something wrong with me.
I'm sure I have more than I can think of but....here are the ones that jump to mind:

1) I do not walk on any grates or metal covers on sidewalks. I also don't step over sewer grates (thanks, Stephen King). This was especially difficult when I lived in LA and sometimes entire sections of the sidewalk were covered with metal doors (going where?!?!?) or grates. I would try to walk in the street, but if that was not possible I would run across the grate, shuddering the whole time.

2) I have to wet my toothbrush after putting toothpaste on it. This often washes all the toothpaste off and I have to start over but I have to do it anyway. I don’t know why.

3) I can only get on my bike from the left side. I’m completely uncoordinated apparently from the right side and I’m pretty sure I would fall right over if I tried to do it that way. So I don’t.

4) I’m paranoid – not because I think I’m a failure but because I really think someone is out to get me!! There is always someone “following” me, laughing at me or doing something to negatively affect my near future. Oy vey.

5) I clean my ears with q-tips after every-other shower….Not every shower, not once a week….it has to be every other.

There are many more about lists and cd collections being alphabetized and doing laundry but you get the point, right?

I like idiosyncrasies...they make us all more interesting, don't you think?

I tag Future Poltergeist (when he returns from up nort), Anna-Banana, Donna and AfricanKelli.

ps -
yay my first Tag. Thanks Chris,
oh and btw, I'm a dork.

Comments

African Kelli said…
I am officially declining being tagged, but I do love your site! I hope the vacay goes off without a problem and you return to a pee-free home.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....