The Wilds of Canada

I am SO DAMN EXCITED right now.

I just was invited to the owner of my company's private remote fishing retreat in Canada! Now, I'm not much of a fisherwoman, but I will fish - SURE hell, I'll fish all week if you want me too... I go for a week; I get paid; I dont' have to take vacation time; I eat 3 gourmet meals a day; as much beer as I can drink; long Canadian summer days/nights with books, lounging, relaxing and yes, fish. 200 miles north of the Canadian border - you get there via float plane! Ack!!!! 12 people go at a time - I'm not sure who's in my "group" yet - I hope they're cool!

I'm so frickin' excited right now I could squeal!!!!

I'm seriously considering buying a digital camera - which I totally can't afford right now but going back to film seems entirely lame. We'll see......


eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I guess this is my payment for being bored. ;-)

Comments

Sounds heavenly! Except for the fish part. Do you have to touch them? Just kidding. I know it will be wonderful. Have fun!
carrster said…
I'm going to *try* really hard and actually touch a fish. I'm such a wimp. You'd never know I'm an "outdoorsy" type by that!!
Peder said…
Good for you! Sure you'll have a wonderful time.
carrster said…
Wow! Thanks for all the advice, David. I just hate CHARGING something right now - bah. I dread developing rolls and rolls of pics too. Blech. Plus I like instant gratification. Steve (my boy) has the Canon A400 (I think) and I agree that it's a really nice camera. All our Mexico pics are from that one. And since the software is already loaded it'd be really easy. I'll have to see if I can convince my 'rents this weekend that I need an EARLY b-day present. :-)

AND I got my "welcome packet" today for the Canada trip - wheeee! It's all so fun. I love that stuff.
African Kelli said…
Carrster, I hate fishing and that trip still sounds awesome. A week outside, under the sun with cool weather, time for reading and gourmet meals? Um, sign me up. Now.
As far as the digital camera game goes, it seems you've received a bit of advice. My only point is this: if you can't afford one, get your regular 35 mm prints developed digitally. For an extra $5, they put them on disc when you develop them and you can email, post, etc... without spending the $200-$500 right now. Just an idea. Have a great trip!
~AK

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....