Solstice

Happy Summer!

It's actually arrived here in Duluth and it's heavenly. It's warm! It was warm last night til late! And light until after 10pm - I love that. Soak it up. The plan was to get up to welcome the sun this morning at 5:14am but that didn't quite happen. I was quite happy with myself for getting up at 6am. I'm not exactly into the whole *morning* thing. Ah well.

I rode my bike to work today - that was rather fun and I didn't have to fight for a parking spot after lunch. It took me 16 minutes. About 10 minutes faster than my estimate. At lunchtime I sat at the Canal and watched the silly tourists and boats and ate my sack lunch and read my book. I even took off my shoes and socks and got HOT! Unheard of!

After work I rode the Lake Walk about 13 blocks east to go to a grocery store to pick up some party pizzas....yum. The Lake Walk was crowded but not annoyingly so. It was fun (but hot). The ride home was very hot but I made it. Flushed and sweaty but it was fun!

Tonight the plan is to take the canoe out in the big lake and sit on the beach at the end of Minnesota Point and drink mexican beer. Why Mexican? Because when we were in Playa we promised ourselves once it was *warm* enough we would sit on the beach and imagine we were there. Tonight's the night.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....