Cheese Thief

Busy busy weekend - but fun. I could use another day off though.

I went shopping on Friday evening for some weekend food. We ended up having an impromptu bbq with our friends S&J back from SoCal for the weekend and also J&O joined us. I made the smallest hamburgers ever and we scrounged up some baked beans, chips and pickles. Lots of beer too. It was fun.

Saturday the girls arrived to celebrate our faux 10-year college reunion (*gulp*). The day consisted of hiking on the Superior Hiking Trail (the new section that Steve & I did last week) and drinking lots of margaritas (recipe - no mix! yes) And talking. Boy was there talking. I think our chattiness and general estrogen levels scared Steve out of the room more than once.

Sunday morning J & I re-shot (along with many others) the opening title sequence to our film. It took twice as long as expected but the bakery DID give us free bread again this year which makes it all worth while. I took a huge nap after that ane enjoyed a very mellow and quiet evening.

So, why call this post "cheese thief?" Well, I bought a new brick of medium cheddar on Friday night. You see, when me & the girls drink mucho margaritas we like to supplement that with cheese and triscuits. MOUNTAINS of them. Also on Friday when I asked who wanted cheese on their nubbin of a burger (everyone did) I grabbed the Kraft singles (blech, but melt-able) . Noting that these were WAY too big for the dinky burgerlettes I opted for the med. cheddar instead. The next day I asked the girls what kind of cheese they would like on the triscuits - well, marble jack, of course! So we proceeded to eat about 3/4 of the remaining marble jack brick....leaving the med. cheddar and the Kraft singles untouched.

Today I came home for lunch - starving - as usual. I wanted to make a hard salami & cheddar sandwich and lo and behold - NO CHEESE. Not one nasty Kraft single and certainly no med. cheddar. What the fuck? So, we scrounged the fridge - Steve said he thought that we ate all of the cheese (!) the day before....no the cheese was just GONE.

This made me crabby. How can one enjoy a toasted bagel with hard salami if there's no med. cheddar (or marble jack, or colby or or or) to go with it? (well, I did find some rather old shredded sharp cheddar which was "ok") Back at work I emailed S "did you guys take the cheese and eat it yesterday" - the response was no what would we do with a whole block of cheese - EXACTLY!

I had S&J stay here but Steve said the cheese was gone yesterday by lunchtime as he was cheesed out of his egg sandwich.

No one knows where the cheese is. And really, if someone ate THAT much cheese, I think we'd ALL know it. *sigh* S thinks I will eventually find the cheese in some random cupboard or in the freezer (I checked) as someone probably absent mindedly misplaced it. Great. Moldy cheese is in my future!

So, I apparently have gremlins. Do you have to disclose that when you sell a house?

Hmph.

Comments

I have the opposite problem. I buy cheese all the darn time and then forget it's there, so I keep buying more and more and more. Our cheese drawer is filled to the brim with sharp cheddar (no mild at our house!) I must be stopped.
African Kelli said…
I wish I had stolen it! All that cheese talk is making me hungry!!
carrster said…
Tell me about it!!

Steve came home from the store last night with a fresh block o' Colby. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....