Weekend Update

Well, after the stolen-grill tantrum, the weekend got better.

We spent most of the long weekend in the yard and in the gardens. Steve was finishing up planting his bagillion trees (really, "only" 75 but that's a crapload of trees!) and I spent the days digging up the flower beds and "deweeding" them which really consisted of ripping up the SOD that had replaced what should have just been dirt. Ugh. Okay - Steve helped me with some of that because there was no way I could get some of it up. I planted tons and tons of petunias which are quite lovely. I also transplanted a bunch of tulip bulbs (literally hundreds - ack!), I moved my seedlings (marigolds, sweet william, bellflower and echinachea) from the seed tray to the ground, I transplanted some other bulbs I found in the front (blue bravo?) and ripped out the horrible front flower bed edging (Steve helped with that too). I also planted some wild flowers - I hope they turn out! I got sunburnt yesterday - which sucks - but it does mean that at least the sun is shining!

We also ate Chinese food and watched National Treasure - which although I found to be so silly and implausible in many parts I really enjoyed. I needed escape!

We went to 2 bbq's - both which served chicken (I'm chickened out!) and yes, a few beers were consumed as well.

Being back at work was rather lame today but oh well....and now it's almost Wednesday - the week is flying - whoooheeeeee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....