Disappointment

Well, I’m really bummed today. Last night I got an email from my Mom saying that she & my Dad are not going to be able to come up Memorial Day weekend as planned. For some reason her jack a** work place gave her Thursday off instead of Friday! Stupid, huh? The plan was for them to drive up Friday around noon (to miss the traffic through Mpls/St. Paul) and then go back Sunday (also to miss the Monday holiday traffic). It’s a 230 mile drive so coming up on Friday night or Saturday just isn’t worth it. This has been planned for a long time! They kept bugging me about what house project I wanted help with (we decided that we’d finally finish painting the enclosed porch). I had scouted out a couple of hikes that I thought they’d enjoy (NOT like the great sloppy melting-snow-poop-hike of ’04)…we had planned on going to Sammy’s Pizza in Superior and of course having a lovely “happy hour” at home beforehand…and well, it just would’ve been nice. My folks haven’t been up here since October – the weekend before my Dad went into the hospital, actually. I was anxious for them to see the hardwood floors, the plumbing job that Steve did and our newly painted basement wall/stairs. I guess we’ll just have a few more things to show them by time they come up….next time? I don’t know when that’ll be. Hopefully there’ll be a new (MUCH SMALLER) entertainment center, refinished floors, painted front door, full vegetable garden and lots of trees! *sigh* I guess I’m just feeling a little sorry for myself. I still plan on seeing them the first weekend in June when I join them at a resort near Nisswa, MN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....