Boredom

Oh boy….

<>The thing is…I like to work. I do. I LOVE being busy and getting projects and the sense of accomplishment when they are finished. In my “real” life I am never bored. There is always something to do – reading, taking a hike, working on the film, gardening, washing dishes (there are always dishes), working on a various house project or craft project or whatever….but here? Here I am deadly bored. I loathe being bored. My brain is going a million miles a minute and then just crashes and I fight yawns and heavy eyelids and I watch the minutes tick by on my monitor. It really really sucks. I’ve read all the ‘blogs that I read (which haven’t yet been blocked by my IT department), I’ve scoped out real estate in various cities throughout the US, I’ve figured out my financial situation through December (and MAN am I hoping it changes), I’ve read my usual comics & Dear Abby, I’m out of ideas!<>Boredom leads to me feeling sorry for myself which leads to posts like the one from the other day. Ugh.

<>Any boredom-at-work suggestions?

Oh and I am coloring in envelopes – that’s how bad it is……………………………..

Comments

Do you read Dear Prudence on MSN's Slate Magazine? That's always a good time-killer....
carrster said…
I'll have to check that out. I'm pissed though because all the pictures on MSNBC are x'd out. Man, I hate IT sometimes!
Sarah Barah said…
My work project today is to figure out how much more Aetna can screw up our insurance claims and as a result the Flex Spending Account. Wanna join in? I love it when they process claims incorrectly and I have to be the one to point it out.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....