He's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!

What a wonderful weekend I had.
Let me re-cap...

Friday night - kind of a bust. 'sposed to do movie-work but was flaked on...once again. Instead I baked snickerdoodles for my sweetie and watched 3 hours of mind-numbing TLC shows and being SUPER freaked out that there was a murderer/rapist in the house. Finished the evening with 2 beers and 2 episodes of SATC and 2 cats (attack cats) on the bed for protection.

Saturday - got up - nothing to do since the house was already clean, the cookies baked and my bags packed! Showered, went to the ATM for cash & the bakery for pasteries.

11:30 picked up by co-workers.

2:30 arrived in Minneapolis - in the POURING RAIN. Hiking was out.

4:00 Rain stopped. S & I were able to take a 3 mile walk around a lake in her neighborhood.

6:00 Junk food purchased and being consumed while watching MONSTER and SPANGLISH.

Sunday morning I couldn't sleep. I was WAY too excited for Steve's impending arrival. S & I went out for breakfast...where the cook forgot the bacon in my bacon and cheese omlette. Hmmm. Oh well. Steve called while we were on the way to Minnehaha Falls and I was BURSTING with joy and glee as he thought I was in Duluth and he was in Detroit - at least back in the USA! Sarah and I walked about 5 miles between Minnehaha Park and Fort Snelling. It was a beautiful day.

She dropped me off at the airport (and dammit! I forgot my pillow at her house - that sucks!) and I waited. And I waited and waited. Okay - it was really only about 25 minutes but each minute felt as long as a day. I sometimes checked my phone twice within the same minute.

As the monitors changed from "expected arrival" to "landed" to "at gate" my hear was pounding. I think I was sweating. I felt like I was going to throw up...and my omg...beating out of my chest. You'd think I hadn't seen Steve in a million years. I was waiting near the escalators in the baggage area where everyone comes down. Scanning every pair of shoes/pants (that's all you can see for a while), biting nails (which I don't even do!) and then I saw it....his bright red suitcase and his jeans and his beautiful face!! I stood there until he notice me - at which point my heart finally returned to its regular beating pattern. I haven't been so happy in ages. There was lots of hugging and kissing and smiling and giggling and touching and sighing.

I love him so much and am so happy he's home.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder...but I don't want to go through the absence part again. No thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....