Vacation vs. Reality

Well, my vacation to Mexico has been over for nearly a month. I still think about it daily and look at the pictures and remember what I was doing the Wednesday of that week at exactly this time (8:41) (I was in a van driving through the jungle heading towards Chichen Itza in case you’re wondering).

Here are some differences I’ve noticed between the two:

Vacation: Didn’t watch TV News
Reality: Watch far too much news: local, national, read internet news sites (Yahoo, NYTimes, BBC, etc)

Vacation: Floated from activity to activity however I felt
Reality: Have to get up at a certain time to go to work; have to clean the house, scoop the cat poop, wash dishes, make dinner, etc.

Vacation: I laid on the beach.
Reality: I lay on the couch.

Vacation: I think of nothing but romance, fun, my sweetie, adventure, seeing new things, cervezas, tropical everything and where should we indulge our pallets tonight?
Reality: I think of paying bills, why people keep blowing themselves and other people up all over the world, idiot lawmakers, celebrity trials, crazy gunmen on the loose, paying bills.

Vacation: I am happy to be relaxed and free.
Reality: I am sad because every day I do something that is not ‘me;’ not creative, not what I went to college for, not what I want to do when I grow up.

Vacation: I think about where the next adventure should be.
Reality: I think about where the next escape from mundaness should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....