The Last Day

Okay - to wrap up this incredibly long vacation wrap up - here goes....

Our last day was spent on the island of Cozumel, a 45 minute ferry ride from Playa del Carmen. The ferry was okay but I was a bit...naseaus and 'swimmy' from the previous night's tequila drinking so it wasn't all that fun. Once on Cozumel we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe. The smallest Hard Rock Cafe in the world...and yes, it was small. It was okay. I didn't really care about going there I just wanted food....fast and it was right there. Well, as soon as we got there it seemed to get more and more crowded and SUPER loud. They cranked the music (well, it is a rock-n-roll cafe after all) and it was generally annoying. My burger was pretty good though.

After that we decided it'd be fun to rent a scooter! Oh folly. It was terrifying...both for the Boy (driver) and me (passenger). Oh my god. Mexican traffic...no thanks! I won't be doing that again...ever. It was kinda fun once we got out of the city and headed south to the National Park (Chankanaab) but initially it was terrifying. Coming back into town wasn't so great either...but the Boy did a wonderful job piloting the bike and we arrived back safe and sound.

Chankanaab is a National Park that my sister & brother-in-law and told us about. We got there in the afternoon and checked out the 'ruins' (replicas from all over Mexico) and the botanical gardens. It was so beautiful. So many different plant species and lush greeness to marvel at. I think the Boy really enjoyed it a lot. I did too...although I had a nagging feeling that there were snakes very close to me at all times. *shudder* We then hit the beach and did some snorkeling. We probably snorkeled for 30 minutes to an hour. It was so relaxing and beautiful. Once again it took me some time to get used to it, but I managed to not freak out and it was fun. TB really enjoyed it too. His first time. :-)

After snorkeling we walked through more botanical gardens but by then everything was pretty much closing up so we hit the road.

That night we enjoyed one last dinner at Las MaƱanitas and some quality time on the beach with the fire dancers & cervezas! It was lovely. It's always bittersweet to be at the end of a vacation.

The trip back was uneventful, which I guess is good. After a long day of travelling we arrived home in Duluth around 10pm on Saturday night - at which point we went to bed. :-)

Okay - enough vacation stories...on to something else, I promise!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....