Dinner after Chichen Itza

Okay – so dinner after Chichen Itza.

We were worn out from the long day. We wanted something yummy and easy and quick. We also didn’t want to waste an hour trying to figure out where we should eat. So, we had scoped out a place the night before which looked cool, was close to our hotel and had decently priced pizza. We went there. I believe it was called Da Gabi or something like that.

Anyway – we’re sitting in this lovely open air restaurant, sipping coke light and deciding on our pizza. We went with ham, artichoke hearts & mushrooms (this was a kind already, we didn’t come up with it). It was delicious. The crust was excellent, the toppings great (well, The Boy didn’t care for the artichoke hearts…I thought they were okay but probably wouldn’t get them again…). We were waiting for some more ice and another coke light to share when all of a sudden….something was falling on me. At first I thought there was some crazy spices flying around. I looked down and I was being covered with something that looked like very long pieces of sage. I was sitting right under an area where two palapas (thatched roofs) met. When I looked up, startled I said – I think there’s a bird up there….at that point the entire table was covered with this roof material. The pizza, our newly received ice and coke light, everything. I was saying what the h*ll is going on….and got out of my chair just as a CAT fell from the ceiling!! It all happened so quickly and was so weird an unexpected. The Boy and I were startled and laughing and bummed that the rest of our pizza & pop were ruined. The waiter came over and exclaimed something in Spanish and then told us to leave everything and go sit at a different table. He then brought us new coke lights and said a new pizza was being made for us!! The cat was still on the ground and having some difficulty walking. There was a woman at the next table to us (the new table, that is) who was very concerned about this cat…which had apparently broken it’s leg. She knew the owner of the restaurant & attached condos and the staff got a hold of them, put the cat in a box and a vet was called. Weird. Weird. Weird. Apparently the wait staff was afraid of this particular cat because he likes to bite them. I’m just glad he didn’t land on my head!! Close call though!!

So, we feasted on more pizza and laughed over our experience and ended our day in the usual manner – by sitting on the beach and drinking a cerveza at El Pirata. J It was fabulous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....