Oscar Night

Okay - I'm a HUGE dork for the Oscars. I don't know why but I get completely caught up in it every year. Well, okay, it could be because I'm an actor and a filmmaker (might have something to do with it) but I just love the party atmosphere, the ladies and gents dressed to the nines, the jewels, the speaches, the tributes. I love it! I used to live about a block away from the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood and it was so thrilling for me to go there the day before the Oscars and walk on the red carpet and check out the preparations, the flowers, the people, it made me so excited!! (again...dork). Last year I had an Oscar party - the first soiree in my house - and it was so much fun. I decorated everything with black and gold, stars hanging from the ceiling, confetti on the table, Oscar ballots (and prize for the winner), champagne tons of food and a 5' paper mache Oscar statue for posing with/picture taking. (dork, III). Anyway - the arrivals have started and as much as I try to stay away as long as possible, I just couldn't any more and I'm hooked.

So...off to watch the show and I usually cry once or twice during the thing and the Boy will think I'm even WEIRDER than he already thinks I am...but oh well...

Cheers!

Comments

janet said…
I'm looking to papier mache an oscar statue for my cousin for Christmas ... could you give me directions for the statue you made? janetwerther[at]gmail[dot]com

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....