NOT Lame - ski girl

Well, instead of sloshing it up at the bar...I instead went skiing with the Boy. Lester Park again - beautiful, warm (it was 46 degrees today here down by the lake!)...I thought it would be sticky but the temps had dropped off so things started getting icy. We skied the upper part of the trail (upper to me - there's still more upper that i haven't gotten to yet)...and went on an extra non-lit loop. I decided F-THIS no more wuss...and just did the hills. And I didn't fall. And it wasn't horrible. And I got kisses. :-) (sorry, gag, I know but please, I'm terribly afraid of speed and pain) I did hills on some "more difficult" hills and also some "most difficult" hills. Whoheee! Of course I had to walk myself to the very top and assess the situation, make sure the tracks were decent, etc and then hope and pray and tell myself a thousand times in my head that I needed to "feel the trail, be one with the skis" - and it kinda worked. :-)

Then, on the 2nd time around the (short) loop - I wiped out. Spectacularly. Sadly no one saw it. It was dark, I couldn't see - wasn't "feeling" it or something...my skis crossed and somehow - not really sure how - I flipped over and landed on my chest. Hmmm....It didn't really hurt but I"m feeling a bit crunked up now....I'm mostly concerned with being seen when I fall and blowing out my knees...so far so good.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....