Floating Away...

Okay – so…today – 3, count them 3 nalgene bottles full of water today. That’s 96 oz of water just while at work. Needless to say I think I’ve peed about 40 times but whatever…it’s supposed to be good for me! I’m trying to rid myself of about 10 extra pounds which are heartily annoying. I have also had 2 fruits/veggies – well, both fruits actually – one (large) Braeburn apple this morning as a ‘snack’ (no more bacon/cheddar ‘tato skins for this girl!) and half a can of peaches at lunch. Do the 3 (small) pumpkin (homemade) cookies I had for an afternoon snack count towards my fruits/veggies number? I am going to say “yes!” they do. Tonight for dinner I will have a salad which will contain…let’s say at least two servings of F&V – that includes lettuce, carrots, broccoli and um….I guess that’s it…that’s good though, right?

I also didn’t start my morning with a Diet Coke. I’m trying to become less dependent and have cut back to only one can a day…which I think is admirable considering I could, yes, very easily could sip DC all day long. I did have one for lunch though, after 64 oz of water I needed something with a flavor…and bubbles…and caffeine.

On the other “NY Resolutions” front….money is worrying me…. I did my budget for Jan/Feb and I don’t know how it’s ever going to get any better. I’m trying to find ways to cut back but I just don’t see any. HELP!! Okay – I could get rid of cable…but I’m addicted to TLC and A&E and MTV (yes, it’s true) and the Boy is addicted to 24-hour-news-channels and the Weather Channel so that’s not really an option. All I can think of is less DC, no books and being happy to use up what you have at home for entertainment (read that anyway you please). Vacation seems like a distant dream. I sure hope it comes true!

Health – well, I’ve exercised once this week – a 45-minute x-country ski excursion which ended with me nearly breaking off both my feet. Not my fault!!! Someone had dragged a branch/log/tree onto the trail and since it was dark we couldn’t see especially well and my amazing super-hero-ish boyfriend managed to jump over said tree in cross country skis (no less!) and yelled back to warn me at which point I purposely wiped out (and now have a goose-egg-ish bruise on my left shin…better than a broken anything!!). I need to do something tonight – a walk (but it's really f'ing cold out)? Ab workout? Aerobics? Weights? Something…..we’ll see.

I still have no friends…no progress there. Haven’t been crafty lately either but need to make some cards very soon. Maybe I’ll do that tonight.

And SuperHero-Wonderful-Sweet-Boy (Man, really…) has been working on the dining room ceiling hole and it looks wonderful! Soon we will have a tidy trap door into the bathtub plumbing (via said ceiling) instead of a gaping, nasty, pipe-showing, jagged hole – which we have had since mid-October. I can’t tell you how much men with power tools and the balls to just do it turns me on…He knows…he knows….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....