Slacker

Guess I've been a big slacker...doh!

Well, I have been busy attending functions, making gifts, baking/decorating and the other usual Christmas stuff...

Christmas party on Tuesday night for the company...which was really nice. We ate a lot of good food, had a few delish drinks, got a gift, sang some karaoke and didn't feel too crappy the next day. Tired but not crappy. My gift was animated lawn deer that are covered in white lights. Eh. They're fine, they're okay - I am a sucker for putting up Christmas lights but S & I are on a "get-rid-of-crap" kick and so weren't too into them. Plus they'd probably get stolen. I secretly switched with the gift committee and ended up with a bottle of Baileys and a gift certificate to a restuarant which we will enjoy much more.

Wednesday was a b-day party for a friend of mine. M was in the film and has been a decent cool guy to hang with. He's an actor and has an amazingly wonderful gravelly voice. Hee hee. He turned 60. I didn't stay long as I was pooped.

Thursday was the 30th b-day of my friend JH. It was supposed to be a surprise but that didn't work out all that well due to him working super late but it was still fun. J & SBH are moving to Santa Barbara in 3 weeks!! (more on that later) so it was good to party with them a little bit.

Friday I didn't work - but was busy - oil change, car wash, card making, errands, etc. I then drove to Apple Valley to hook up with my sister...and together we drove to a little town called Stewartville just south of Rochester, MN for my cousin's college graduation dinner/celebration. Got to see some family which was good, ate some really yummy fish and stayed at K&J's house that night. Finished up my Christmas shopping on Saturday morning. The SuperTarget & Michael's in the metro-area are SO MUCH BETTER than the ones up here in da nortdland. *sigh* oh well...I'm glad to be done.

Last night S & I went to dinner with C&A - a couple we're trying to hang with more. It was fun - we talked for a couple of hours and had a really nice time. We watched The Apprentice when we got home. Got a bit BORING if you ask me but whatever...I thought that Kelly would win and I was right! Bring on Apprentice 3!!

It's COLD today - ugh. -15 when S got up this morning (I slept in...heh heh)...Good day to stay inside. I frosted cookies, wrote a couple more cards and cleaned up the kitchen. I then worked on the film for a few hours with J - we actually made some progress...amazing.

S's brother P is here now and they're cooking a wonderful stir fry - I think I'm probably supposed to be helping so I should go...

My latest new read: Fluid Pudding - check her out - she rocks! I've been enjoying her archives at work - she hasn't been blocked by the evil work-blocker....yet....

Short week this week - 3 days- who-hoooo!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....