Between Christmas & New Years

I have been composing posts at work for a week now but they're still in my "draft" folder of my email....so that's why there's been no posts...

But to update before the pictures are available....the week was a good one....

Wednesday - dinner at S's dad's house with his sister & fiance. Yum.
Thursday - day off! Whohooo! cleaned the house, went to dinner with his Mom, sibs & his Mom's boyfriend. Exchanged gifts with J - received Brian Setzer Orchestra's Boogie Woogie Christmas CD & the new Tom Wolfe novel ("I am Charlotte Simmons"). Oh - and 3 U2 mixes that he newly created. Yes!
Friday - baked bread, wrapped last gifts, went to church with S's Mom, her boyfriend, aunt & uncle and sister. Catholic Mass for a Methodist girl....it was nice to be in church on Christmas Eve. I just wish there had been more singing!! Christmas Eve dinner at S's Dad, charades at his Aunts. Did I mention I KICK ASS at charades? heh heh....
Saturday - Christmas morning - opened gifts with S...he sooooo sweet, went to his Mom's for breakfast and more gifts, dashed home to pack, drove 3 hours to Faribault to my Grandma's, endured 3 hours of gift opening and 47 people packed in her townhome (the decibel level was indeed HIGH); drove to Austin
Sunday - Christmas "morning" in Austin with my family, a walk at the nature center in the snow, birthday celebration for my Dad with my Grandparents, sister, bro-in-law, parents and an evening viewing of MEET THE FOCKERS - which although predictable, I thoroughly enjoyed....
Monday - polished large silver tray that I won on a game show way back when with my Dad, drove back to Duluth, unpacked many gifts from the mighty-Focus, picked up house, S's sister stopped over for a visit and finally collapsed into bed.

Whew - I need a vacation from my vacation time!

Tomorrow is Thursday - but really Friday. Yahooo! I don't have any NYE plans yet and I don't care. I have a man to kiss at midnight and that makes me eternally happy. :-)

Okay - time to finish the soup & popovers for dinner.....

Pictures soon....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....