November 1st

Well, the Halloween party was a success! Probably 25 or so people came and went through the evening. The food was gobbled up, the beverages were flowing, the costumes were very creative and fun. I think all and all everyone really enjoyed themselves. It was great to see friends that I hadn't seen in YEARS and to meet some new people too.

Unfortunately, my guest bathroom can't handle so many people consuming so many beers and the flushing that followed. There was a couple of inches of "water" in places in the basement. ICK. Disgusting. I'm pretty sure that the sewer pipe in the basement floor is broken. Which means sledge hammers need to be used and things repaired. *sigh* There's always something. It was so much fun cleaning that up (not).

Sunday was spent leisurely - the Boy and I lounged around after sleeping in. We also cleaned up much party mess and washed out recycling etc. Later we carved pumpkins and prepared for trick-or-treaters. 42 in all. It was a lot of fun. I was soooo excited to be here this year to hand out candy! After that we went for a b-day dinner at the Boy's Dad's house. Chicken & potatoes, yum. We ended the evening visiting friends and stopping by the local watering hole for a beer.

Today - my DAY OFF...fantastic. Putzing, fixing, cleaning, all things I don't usually have time for. IT's been great. I even read for a while, am watching Dr. Phil currently and wishing that I could do it all again tomorrow. Ah well, reality calls.

**************
DAD UPDATE
**************

My Dad has been moved into a private room out of "medical necessity" which I think is good. He had a really loud, obnoxious and bathroom challenged roommate at first. Secondly the roommate was quiet and not a problem but my Dad really needed a dark room that could be quiet so when a room opened up they moved him. I'm planning on going down to Rochester next weekend for a visit. It's my Mom's b-day soon too so we want to do some celebrating for/with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....