I voted!

Just got back from dumping my kitchen compost at the city compost pile and voting! Hmmm...I wonder which side of the aisle I land on. I felt great. This was the first time I voted for President at the polls. I typically have voted absentee due to being in CA or whatever. I have voted for other races in person but this is the first "biggie." I was very excited and proud to be casting my ballot today. I was #1002 at my polling place. I have no idea if that is a lot or not for my location. I do know that there were CRAPLOADS of people there registering to vote and I overheard some "first-time-ever" voters too. It's very exciting to see the democratic process in progress. I'll be sure to be tuning in for hours upon hours tonight and flipping between all the news channels.....It's exciting, it's scary, it's time for change.

The only thing I'm annoyed about - all 3 times I've actually gone to the polls to vote - I have been DENIED my red "I voted" sticker!! This really bums me out! Why is that?! I've changed poll locations even so I know it's just not ONE poll here in Duluth being denied....is it me?!?

**********
DAD UPDATE
**********
Not much new on the Dad update today. I did talk to him today - first time since last Sunday. He sounded kinda out of it but was coherent - he asked me if I have voted yet, asked about the Halloween party, etc. I told him how many trick-or-treaters we had and he said he thought that was more than what he had last year so that's good - he's remembering things like that for sure. He asked how Steve was doing too. He had his 2nd angiogram today - got back to his room about 1pm or so so when I talked to him about 2 they didn't really know anything yet. I'll probably call my Mom again in a while.

Now if you haven't done so yet - GO VOTE!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....