Aurora Borealis

I saw the most amazing Northern Lights the other night. On Sunday I was driving back to Duluth from Austin (basically straight north) and after passing through the Twin Cities (you know, Minneapolis/St. Paul - I go through St. Paul) it gets dark. Real dark. I was tooling along - singing to a really kick ass Ben Folds mix and then something caught my eye - OMG - so beautiful. There were colors - blue and green - sliding down the sky like a can of spilled paint; there were streams of light dancing around from east to west and back again. It was the most spectacular display I've ever seen. Typically the northern lights sort of shimmer and look eerie in the sky - these looked like fireworks by comparison (okay - that's quite liberal but whatever. They were awesome).

I called the Boy, I called J, I called other friends to tell them to get outside and see them. The Boy saw red ones in Duluth - damn, I missed the red ones!

Anyway - tonight they are supposed to be even MORE spectacular. More colorful, more dancing around. So I must go now...go in search of the lights. They haven't been this active in 70 years - and I doubt I'll be around in 70 more years so I'm off!!

*****
DAD UPDATE
*****

He's doing good - emailed me today and already cashed a check I gave him on Sunday! Progress! He still has bad headaches and is a little bit in slow motion but it sooooo good to see him getting back to normal. Yipee!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....