I should've done this a year ago....

A pandemic game time & conversation (via Zoom)
 

Well, we're about 13 months into this pandemic and I should've been back blogging then. I mean, I was home an awful lot. I could've done it. But I didn't. I wrote in my actual journal but that's a crazy mish-mash of stuff. This would've been fun to keep just pandemic stuff. Ah well, live and learn. I'll be ready for the next one (no, no, I won't).

It's been a year...a year of ups and downs; of being laid off and re-hired; of wondering what to do with my life and starting grad school. We got fish, we got two kittens. What a year. 

Kids have mostly been troopers but there have been some tough days. August went back to hybrid last fall, then everything stopped for a while and went back to 5 days a week in February - hooray! Dahlia finally got to start hybrid in.....February? (I can't remember) and then started back in person 4 days a week...but after her first 4 days she was identified as a "close contact" to someone with Covid so....she's been in quarantine. It officially ends tomorrow but she has no symptoms and has had 2 negative Covid tests. But it's Spring Break....so really she doesn't get to go back until next Monday. *insert eye roll here*

Steve & I both received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and I'm so happy! It makes me feel just a little more safe. I'm ready to be around other people (somewhat....). I felt pretty crappy after my 2nd dose (which is very common) but Steve had no side effects so that's very excellent.  

The library branches are open for Library Express service. It's been weird. Different but I'm glad that patrons are back in the building! Hopefully it will pick up (as it's been a little slow, steady but slow). I am so looking forward to the day when we can have all the fun toys and activities out; for programming and storytime to resume! I miss it!

Comments

fruey said…
Good to see you're still blogging occasionally. Checked in while dusting off my blog roll. I haven't blogged in many years but I still maintain and update my site, nostalgia I guess.

-Simon "fruey" from caperet.com
feisty said…
Oh- I forgot about blogs and just I am just catching up! I remember this feeling of getting the vax and the trike of that came with it…

Popular posts from this blog

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....