and IT'S A GIRL!! I'll do a proper introduction later and the whole story and everything but in the meantime, we had a baby girl. 2:15pm on Friday afternoon (I posted at, what? 10;30am? You do the math!!). Her name is Dahlia Marie and she weighed in at a whopping 6lbs even. 19 1/4" long and so incredibly gorgeous (although, I might be a wee bit biased). The birth was the most amazing experience I've ever been through and my mind is still, well, blown, quite frankly. I am so tired though...time for a quick nap before we try to feed again.
Last night I gave myself my first insulin injection. I am a BIG wimp. The needle is BEYOND TINY. I was about a half-a-step a way from hyper-ventilating and working myself into a tear filled frenzy as I sat in the bathroom with my alcohol swabbed belly exposed, injection pen in hand and Steve encouraging me. I knew it wasn't going to be a big deal but there is something about stabbing yourself with a needle that causes a mind/hand disconnect and I was frozen. Steve offered to do it for me, but I knew I would be alone mostly and would have to suck it up and do it then. Finally after about 5 minutes of NOTHING I said, I can do it but you can't watch. So he left and I did it and it was nothing! The needles that they gave me are tiny. It hurts far less than prick #4 of the day for the BG testing. It goes in, you count to six while holding down the trigger, you take it out. I had a tiny bit of blood and some itchiness afterwards but I think that's normal. This morning's injec...
Comments