Curry



I made chicken curry last night for dinner. Steve had been requesting it so I finally acquiesed. I'm not a huge curry fan (I'm more of a bland girl) but decided to give it a shot. I used a crock pot recipe.

It turned out - okay. It had sweet potatoes in it which I really liked but Steve didn't care for. He really liked the chicken, but I thought it was dry and too spicy (figures). There was also not much sauce...and when I tried to make more (ala water & corn starch) it got too corn starchy and had that icky texture. Then Steve re-heated & added more water to make it more saucy and less starchy but then it lost it's "good" flavor. I think we were both kind of 'eh' about it. I do love jasmine rice and probably ate too much (even though I only had 2 1/2 cup servings which fit into my meal for the night). I ended up way over on my BG levels which leads me to believe I will be on insulin before dinner before too long. *sigh*

And I smelled like curry ALL DAY.

If you're coming to my house for Craftapalooza tonight and it smells like curry, now you know why!

Comments

Cellomama said…
If you want to go really easy on indian food, try Patak's. Their Lemon and Cilantro sauce on chicken is pretty darn good - and E-A-S-Y.

I don't know if it's technically curry, but it has a wonderful Indian flavor. Oddly, I had a craving for it a few weeks ago and ate more of it than I care to admit. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....