Blow Out


On my way from visiting the world's cutest niece & nephews to my father-in-law's cabin yesterday, a lovely 3-hour-drive on mostly 2 lane highways, my right rear tire blew out! Well, more like cracked and disintegrated...which was unnerving enough. I had recently (within an hour) put air in the tire (to the correct PSI) and was taking it easy just to make sure when suddenly the car pulled to the right and I thought, Hmmmm, that doesn't feel right. I better check that tire. I pulled over on the shoulder (luckily I was on a 4 lane divided highway at this point somewhere in Wisconsin) and sure enough - my tire was smoking & crumbling (!) right there on the roadside. I called Steve who was at the cabin already and barely had a signal and told him what happened. While on the phone a mini-van pulled up behind me with a family in it. They had seen my tire go, gone past me, turned around and returned to help me! The mom & daughter helped me unload my car (filled with a baby cradle & other miscellaneous hand-me-downs from my sister this weekend) while the father & son removed my shredded tire & put on the spare! I was back on the road within about 15 minutes. Thank god for Good Samaritans. I am grateful that I didn't lose control of the car and end up flipped over in the ditch or something awful.

Tomorrow I get to go tire shopping. Pooey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It sucks but thank goodness you are ok. Blow outs can be really dangerous.
Test said…
Scary business. I'm glad you are OK.

Thank goodness that famiy was kind enough to turn around and help you out.
Peder said…
Glad you're ok. Yep, thank God for good Samaritans.
kmd said…
I'm glad you pulled over exactly when you did! :)
michelle said…
Yikes! I'm glad to hear that you're okay and that there are still decent people willing to help out there!

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....