Birthday Project



This project was I think April or May's designated project for the "In Stitches Sew-a-long" that I am in...but as usual I'm months behind schedule. Oh well.

I made these placemats for my sister Kathy for her birthday in August. I used the pattern in the Amy Butler book IN STITCHES. I used Peltex interfacing (one side fusible) instead of Timtex because that's all the lame fabric store in my town has (don't get me started on the not-so-good fabric selection and poor prices). I did not like that interfacing at all - it just didn't work and the placemats are crinkly sounding! I followed the ironing/steaming directions and it didn't work. I still have enough to make another set of the placemats and I'm not sure what I'll do. Hmph. I also modified the napkins - instead of making reversibles, I just made normal one-sided ones - copied the size on a set I already had.

I used a paint chip from the color of Kathy's recently repainted kitchen. It looks pretty good in her kitchen! (not pictured). She seemed to really like them and put them on the table right away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....