Weekend Update

It was another busy weekend. I need to have one of those "Laying around" weekends soon - wait, what are those again?

Friday afternoon I drove down to Minneapolis to attend a wine tasting/benefit with my friend Sarah O. The weather was crappy and sleety and I was incredibly paranoid & terrified that I would go careening into the ditch so took it very slow. Luckily I had plenty of time and left earlier than I planned so there were no problems. About 1/2 way there the freezing part stopped and it was just rain (I could tell by the ice that was no longer forming on my side view mirrors & the trees). That made the second part of the drive a bit quicker.

The wine tasting was fun. We sampled oodles of wines from all different vineyards and countries. We munched on cheeses, grapes, crackers, breads, chocolates, etc. (note to self: eat an ACTUAL dinner before if you ever go to this again....). We made it home unscathed (and in a cab) around 9:30 or so where we then devoured a pizza and attempted to watch SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE but only succeeded in falling asleep.

The next morning Sarah came with me to auditions and helped out by signing people in when they arrived. We had a decent turnout - everyone came that had requested an audition EXCEPT for the one guy that we REALLY wanted to see. Total flakeout so we're going to seek elsewhere. We did end up casting one woman whom we called back - so that is cool. We're still up in the air about a few others.

After auditions Jason & I headed over to the Mall of America (gah!) to hit the Mac store again. We talked to the Mac people for probably another couple hours about what kind of system to get - more in depth - what processors, how much RAM, what kind of graphics cards, etc. I think we have it figured out now. My friend Freya met us there and listened in on the conversation as she's about to gear up a bit too for some digital editing.

Freya & I walked around a bit and she MADE me buy some nice shampoo & conditioner from Aveda (okay, maybe "influenced" would be a better word...) and then she was off.

I had 2+ hours to kill before meeting Michelle & Chris for dinner. So...I did a little shopping (cards, new yoga clothes) and then spent about 2 hours knitting! Yes, I'm a huge nerd and I just sat in the largest godawful mall in america and knitted. And people watched. How could I resist!

Michelle, Chris & I went to Famous Dave's for dinner after spending a good portion of time wandering from overly crowded restaurant to overly crowded restaurant. We finally got in at the bar there and a tall ice cold beer was EXACTLY what I needed.

I left the mall after 7 HOURS that day. Yucko. I hit Ikea briefly after that to exchange a coat hook thingy I bought for the office.

That night I hung out with my ever-more-pregnant sister where we talked, looked at baby things and knitted (she's doing quite well!). Sunday I went to church with her & her husband and then we met my parents back at their place. My Mom, sister & I went to Kathy's 2nd baby shower that afternoon. It was very fun and it was fun to see all the baby things - these kids are finally going to have some clothes! Very neutral - yellows, greens, whites, since we dont' know the sexes (this is driving my mother bonkers, btw).

After the shower I headed home through more rain & fog. Blech. I'm sick of traveling and I'm sick of driving in rain & fog. Hmph.

I got to spend some lovely quality time with my sweet husband on Sunday night and we watched the AMAZING Discovery series PLANET EARTH - I highly recommend anyone watching this. It's phenomenal. I can't wait til next week!

Yesterday I worked and then cleaned, sanded & painted. Picked up Miss M and did some sewing, made dinner, ate, knitted and went to bed. Whew.

Today we are having a snowstorm! BLECH. I'm ready for summer, dammit!

Comments

African Kelli said…
Knitting and people watching sounds like so much fun to me! I guess I'm a goof too then. :) Glad you had such a nice weekend. It all sounds fantastic!
And my brother keeps ranting about Planet Earth!
Test said…
Are you kidding? People were prolly jealous of you relaxing and knitting while they jostled around in the mall.

Planet Earth is awesome! I love the images but do get depressed when they show the little calves and such being hunted by various big cats or wolves or whatever. Must be the pregnancy thing.

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....