Christmas Recap

This Christmas was....well, sort of odd. I wasn't much in the spirit - due to my Grandma, my back, the lack of snow, etc so I think that made it not as jolly as usual.

Friday morning we drove down to Faribault for the visitation at the funeral home. It was nice to see my family and be able to spend some time talking with various aunts, uncles & cousins. But it was sad. There were photo boards around the room and the video I made for her 80th b-day playing on a constant loop. We were there for about 5 hours! It was very long. And tiring. We went back to the hotel after that and I was able to soak in the hot tub for a while which I think I really needed - mentally and for my back! We ordered pizza and went to bed relatively early.

Saturday the funeral was in the morning. It was a very nice service. I wish I could've gotten up and said something or shared a memory or sang or something. But I don't do well when I'm sad and have to speak out loud. No one is. The cemetary portion of the morning was unbearably sad. I can't stand to hear/see my Dad and my other family members so sad and crying. After that there was a luncheon at the Eagles club. Ham & turkey sandwiches, potato salad & cake! Just as Grandma ordered!!

We drove back up to Duluth that afternoon in time to go to a Christmas party at Steve's aunt's house. It was a lot of fun - good conversation, good food, music, etc. I unfortunately had a bad mix of wine & Bailey's (doh) coupled with crying all morning and contacts that were so foggy I couldn't see - the evening didn't end that great for me. Luckily I'm fairly good at maintaining composure (or so I think) even when I think I'm going to die.

Speaking of thinking I'm going to DIE - that's how I felt on Sunday. Awful. Probably the worst EVER. Headache, throwing up - yeah, so not good. I find it hard to believe that that was just from 4 glasses of wine & a sip of Bailey's but damn. It was awful. That night we went to Steve's Dad's house for dinner, presents - the usual Christmas Eve stuff. We also visited Steve's Uncle & Aunt for some after dinner cocktails (or diet coke) and charades. It was nice.

Christmas morning we slept in and enjoyed a very leisurely day. We had a huge brunch, opened presies and took a 2 hour hike on the Park Point Nature Trail. It's not every Christmas that the temps are in the 30's, the sun is shining and there is no snow to be found anywhere. The hike was really beautiful (pics to come...). That evening we went to Steve's Mom's for more dinner & more presies. I got the Martha Stewart Baking Handbook which I'm incredibly excited about. hee hee.

I cant' believe Christmas is over...oh wait! It's not! We have Christmas Eve Part II on Friday at my Sister's house followed by a b-day party for my Dad on Saturday.

Tis the season! Hope you all had a lovely holiday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....