Weekend Update

Another good (but way too short) of a weekend.

Friday night we hosted a super-duper impromptu bbq at our house. Only a handful of people, all guys (I seriously need some girflriends that are local...) and very mellow. We just grilled up some hot dogs & brats, had beans, potato salad and beer. Simple.

I went to the movies-in-the-park (Shrek) and Steve was going to bike down and meet me there and whoever else wanted to come. Well, apparently no one wanted to come as the last of our guests never left - ha! Steve came after there was a mass exodus from the park due to a very very slight and light rain and watched about the last 20 mins of the movie or so. Yes, I felt like a bit of a big ol' loser being there by myself but oh well.

We just came home after a slow walk back to the truck and called it a night. Well, I called it a night. Steve ended up meeting up with his brorther and friends later. I went to bed.

Yesterday morning we SLEPT IN. Super late which was just fantastic. I loved it. I haven't done that in ages. I spent most of the day addressing wedding invitations and last night we held impromptu bbq #2 with Steve's Dad & his SO and his brother. The menu closely resembled the menu from the night before: hot dogs, beans, potato salad, chips (!), corn on the cob (!) and beer. It was fun and relaxing and nice to have them over. They left and our neighbors came over (hi Anna!! you lurker you! ha ha) and we spent the evening just relaxing in the back yard and having semi-philosophical conversations (semi because some of them were not - ha!) til about 1am. Of course we had to have dessert (almond pound cake w/fresh picked raspberries) and the requisite beer. But Anna brought the tequila (heh). (okay we didn't actually HAVE any tequila but she still brought it over).

Today we got up at a decent time, went to church, came home and ate breakfast burritos & Steve packed up to hit the road. He & his brother took his Dad to Rochester (Mayo Clinic) today for an MRI tomorrow and *hopefully* surgery on his 2nd carotid artery. I say *hopefully* because they may or may not be able to do it. If it's not fully blocked then they will be able to do it which is a good thing. They won't know til tomorrow afternoon. I miss Steve already. *sigh*

i just got back from hiking with Miss M. And eating pizza. It was good...

Now I'm settling in for an evening of video editing and invitation addressing. I'm thinking about throwing a movie in in a bit. We'll see....


Hope you had a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should've done this a year ago....

Penguin Shenanigans

I figured it out....